“I wear my mask to protect you and you wear your mask to protect me.”
This is at the heart of the Masks4Jax movement. Countries around the world have implemented the general use of handmade, non-medical grade masks to dramatically reduce the impact Covid-19 had in their communities.
#Masks4Jax is a local movement that is part of the larger worldwide #Masks4All grassroots campaign, which aims to have all people wear masks in public spaces to slow the spread of Covid-19 in our community.
It’s our goal to distribute at least 350,000 masks across Jacksonville through partnerships with the City of Jacksonville, the Jacksonville Jaguars, manufacturers, donors and local businesses. Please be a responsible citizen of Jacksonville and wear a mask to protect your neighbors, your family, and yourself.
This link includes information on how to wear a cloth face covering, as well as 3 different ways to make your own mask.
- Jaguars Purchasing, Distributing Team-Branded Masks in Fight Against COVID-19
- News4Jax: Masks4Jax to Provide 2 Face Masks with Your Takeout/Delivery Order
- Action News Jax: Dr. Oza Recommends Everyone Wear Face Masks in Public
- News4Jax: Should You Wear a Mask?
- Wall Street Journal: What Are the Benefits of Wearing a Face Mask?
- What Are The Best Materials for Making DIY Masks?